Sunday, December 5, 2010

AT440mla Cartridge Upgrade for my Pro-Ject Debut III

So I was unimpressed with the stock Ortofon OMB-5E that came with the Pro-Ject (Project) Debut III. It tracks well and does good with surface noise, however ever seems to be overly simblant (if that's the right word). I looked at a variety of cartridges and finally settled on the AT440mla. Although, I'm only about 15 hours into what some describe as 40-100 hour break in period it has been very impressive thus far. It tracks like no other, compared to my Shure M97xe and ATN-110E it is amazing. It's certainly more sensitive to surface noise, but I'll take this over tracking issues.

Mounting was not too difficult, although I'm still fine tuning the configuration. In the process of mounting I pulled one of the tone arm wires off the spade, but a quick re-heat of the solder fixed this issue. The video does not do the cartridge justice.

--Chris





No comments:

Post a Comment